Comprehensive Eye Care: Exams, Corrective Lenses, and Optical Surgery for the Whole Family
Clear, sharp vision can dramatically improve your overall quality of life. That is why Mario C. Mota, M.D., P.C., proudly offers comprehensive eye care at his Lincoln, NE, practice. Dr. Mota is a skilled surgeon who uses the latest technology to perform LASIK, PRK, cataract surgery, and similar procedures. He also recognizes the importance of routine care. That is why he offers eye exams, glasses, and contacts for patients of all ages. If he diagnoses any problems during your exam, he can provide personalized and effective treatment. Because your entire family can schedule appointments all in one location, your eye care will be very convenient. Now it is easier than ever to receive the care that is so vital for lifelong ocular health.
Regular eye exams are important for several reasons. First, they will enable Dr. Mota to detect any changes in your vision. This will allow him to prescribe corrective lenses or adjust your prescription as needed. Our team can help you choose lenses and frames that can restore your sharp eyesight, meet your lifestyle needs, and suit your sense of style. Second, through routine exams, Dr. Mota can diagnose serious eye conditions, often providing treatment before you experience permanent vision loss.
Eye exams should be scheduled on a routine basis. Children should have their eyes examined at 6 months, 3 years, and before they start school. After that, children should visit the ophthalmologist once every two years. Typically, adults between the ages of 18 and 60 should also have eye exams every other year. However, if you have diabetes, or if eye conditions run in your family, we recommend annual visits. Adults over age 60 should also visit our office once a year.
Vision screenings are an integral part of any eye exam. If Dr. Mota determines that you or your child suffer from a refractive error, he can provide appropriate treatment. Refractive errors—such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism—occur when your eye cannot bend light properly. Due to irregularities in the shape of your cornea, light will not focus in the middle of your retina. Accordingly, your optic nerve will not be able to send a clear signal to your brain.
Glasses and contacts are the most common vision correction option. Our team can determine the right prescription or help you find a stylish set of frames. If you are switching from glasses to contacts, our guidance can help make the transition as easy as possible. Alternatively, Dr. Mota also performs laser vision correction. During LASIK or PRK, he can reshape your cornea using an advanced femtosecond laser to virtually eliminate surgical risks. He also offers innovative Raindrop® Near Vision Inlays. These tiny lenses physically reshape your corneas to help improve age-related presbyopia.
Clear, sharp vision can dramatically improve your overall quality of life. That is why Mario C. Mota, M.D., P.C., proudly offers comprehensive eye care at his Lincoln, NE, practice.
Treatment for a Diverse Range of Ocular Conditions
Your eye exam may also include tests for a number of common eye problems. Among other things, Dr. Mota can diagnose and treat:
- Cataracts: Cataracts are clusters of protein cells that can develop on your lenses as you grow older. Dr. Mota performs risk-free cataract surgery to replace a clouded lens with an artificial intraocular lens, or IOL.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is a common, often age-related condition that causes pressure to build up in your eye. The resulting force on your ocular nerve can lead to widespread vision loss or even blindness. Fortunately, Dr. Mota can use eye drops, laser treatment, and, in severe cases, surgery to protect your eyesight.
- Macular degeneration: Macular degeneration develops when the central part of your retina begins to break down. There is no cure for this condition. However, when Dr. Mota diagnoses it early on, he can provide nutritional supplements, dietary guidance, and other treatment to slow its progression.
- Diabetic retinopathy: High blood sugar can damage the blood vessels at the back of your eye, causing them to swell or leak. Dr. Mota can address this condition with laser treatments and other methods.
- Dry eye and tear dysfunction: When your eyes do not produce enough tears or when the quality of your tears is poor, you may suffer from dry eye. Eye drops are often sufficient to control this condition. However, if you have a more severe case, Dr. Mota may place a tiny plug in your tear duct.
Dr. Mota also offers tear duct surgery and simple to complex eyelid surgery. These procedures can be especially beneficial if you have sustained ocular trauma or eyelid laceration.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Our eye exams are one of the simplest and most effective ways to protect your ocular health. Contact us online to book an exam for yourself or your child. You can also call our office at (402) 486-3132.
"Dr. Mota is very personable and took the time to describe the procedure, how it worked, and what was causing my issues in the first place. Dr. Mota made sure that my husband and I understood what we would be getting, and was extremely friendly from the beginning."From healthgrades.com