About Mario C. Mota, M.D., P.C.
Dr. Mota was raised in Lincoln, Nebraska. He attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln, where he received his undergraduate degree with a Bachelor of Science in Medicine. In 1986 he graduated, and obtained his Medical Degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center where he went on to complete a residency in pediatrics. He furthered his postgraduate training and in 1992 completed his residency in Ophthalmology.
Mario C. Mota, M.D., P.C., is Board Certified in Ophthalmology and is member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, Nebraska Medical Association and the Lancaster County Medical Society.
Dr. Mota has been in practice in Lincoln since 1995 and is currently on staff at St. Elizabeth Hospital, BryanLGH Hospital and currently performs most of his surgeries at the new Southwest Lincoln Surgery Center.
Dr. Mota and his wife Michelle have three children. They are involved in TaeKwonDo, tennis, biking and running. The family has a particular liking for Disney World and makes frequent trips there throughout the year.
- Private Practice, Ophthalmology Associates, Lincoln, NE, 1995-present
- Private Practice, Fox Eye Institute, Cedar Rapids, IA, 1994-95
- Private Practice, Cedar Valley Ophthalmology, Waterloo, IA, 1992-94
- American College of Eye Surgeons
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- B.S., Life Science, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, 1982
- M.D., University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, NE, 1986
- Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 1986-89
- Ophthalmology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 1989-92 (Chief Resident, 1991-92)
"Dr. Mota is very personable and took the time to describe the procedure, how it worked, and what was causing my issues in the first place. Dr. Mota made sure that my husband and I understood what we would be getting, and was extremely friendly from the beginning."From healthgrades.com